OSHS cheerleaders won first place in World School Cheerleading Championship | Schools
Ocean Springs High School (OSHS) cheerleaders took home first place in the World School Cheerleading Championship in Orlando, FL, on Sunday.
“They won first place in the Super Large Varsity Division, in the World School Cheerleading Championship,” OSHS cheerleading coach Pilger said.
The team also took home second place in the Universal Cheerleaders Association’s National Cheer Competition.
Coach Kelly Pilger said the 32 member team was selected out of the OSHS cheerleading squad. That squad formed the competition team that competed in Florida.
"They performed a flawless routine to place number one in Super Large Division for the World Championship. They received the coveted white jackets with the World Champions 2012-2013, gold medals and a team trophy. They received silver medals and a team trophy for second in Nationals," parent Lynn Wade said.
“They worked very hard to get there. They practiced every day. They were very dedicated,” Pilger said.
The girls return home at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Top Ocean Springs Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000