St. Martin burglary suspect allegedly steals cash and handgun | Crime
A St. Martin man was arrested on two counts of auto burglary Tuesday, according to Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd.
Twenty-year-old Davonte Davis of the 6600 block of April Bayou Drive, allegedly broke into a vehicle on November 30 and a second vehicle on December 7.
Byrd said during the November burglary, Davis allegedly took a small handgun. In December he reportedly took a navigation system and an undetermined amount of cash from another vehicle.
The suspect was taken to the Jackson County Adult Detention Center pending a bail hearing in Jackson County Court.
If convicted, Davis could receive 14 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.
Top Ocean Springs Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000