One jailed, another hospitalized in couple's dispute | Crime
A St. Martin woman faces a charge of domestic violence-aggravated assault after an argument with her boyfriend on Tuesday.
According to Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd, 46-year-old Tei Romero and her boyfriend argued all evening. That argument resulted in Romero allegedly hitting her boyfriend with an object. Byrd said, he was injured.
Romero was arrested and taken to the Jackson County Adult Detention. The victim was transported to Biloxi Regional Medical Center for treatment. He has been released.
Judge T. Larry Wilson set bail at $7,500 for Romero after an initial appearance in Jackson County Court.
If convicted, Romero faces up to two years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
Top Ocean Springs Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Red Cross Gives Tips on Severe Weather Threat Download Free Tornado App
- St. Martin High School's Winans named CiviSTAR Good Citizen of The Year
- North Bay Civitans to announce Civi-Star of the year at dinner Saturday
- Time running out for annual scholarship applications
- Reward for missing dog doubled to $10,000